Vancouver

THE FULBRIGHT YEAR Disclaimer* This blog is not an official Fulbright Program blog. The views disclosed are my own and do not reflect those of the Fulbright Program,the U.S. Department of State, or any of its partner organizations

Thursday, December 16, 2010

BLISS!

I spent a few hours of glorious bliss today in my new favorite store, Choices Market, a wonderful health food store in White Rock. I wept at so many, dare I say, choices of tofu: garlic and herb or sundried tomato, crackers: how about baked sesame and rice, cheeses: tomato and basil feta and paneer, boysenberry spritzers, chai tea, 2 different kinds...just because, and the special "Barista Blend" soy beverage to give it that Starbucks Soy Chai Tea Latte touch. I even looked longingly at the huge selection of salt lamps and salt candle holders ( yes, I know, I already have one and I even brought it with me, but one can never have too much health and happiness!). http://www.saltlamp.ca/ I was so deliriously happy that it was all I could do to not hug all the employees and tell them thank you so much for being here, your store is so beautiful,everything looks so good...I feel so at home ( those 7 years at Rainbow Natural Foods never really leaves, I guess) and what's more I no longer have to have my mom send me things from the health food store in Independence!



To cap off my wonderful day at the market I decided to go to the ocean.Why? you ask...because I can. I live in British Columbia,snow-draped mountains are snuggled around me, it's December 16, it is only 25 minutes away, my first semester is done and I got A's in my classes...just because I can!






Houses, in particular the "castle", across from the beach











By some strange fate I have been dropped off in the middle of this beautiful landscape.......I wish you all were here to enjoy it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
In politically correct language I am called a non-traditional student or,as my mother would say, a late-bloomer. For twenty years I was a stay-at-home/home-schooling mom but surprise.. kids grow up. When my son asked me what I was going to do after he left home I told him I was sure it would involve crates of Kleenex, junk food, and a lot of self pity. He suggested college instead and I took him up on it. I graduated in Dec. 09 with a BA in Criminal Justice/Corrections from Park University in Parkville, Mo. Through internships that brought me into contact with both the victims and offenders of violent crime, I have acquired a passion to assist each in addressing issues of accountability and healing through the restorative process of victim-offender mediation. As a 2010-2011 Canada-U.S. Student Fulbright recipient I will travel this fall with my husband and granddaughter, to British Columbia where I will be attending Simon Fraser University's Graduate School of Criminology. With a superb symmetry, Mother, arbitrator of children’s squabbles has progressed to victim-offender mediator.